Submissions for the Quarterly Issues
Brief Submission guideline:
The Asian EFL Journal Quarterly Issue is a fully peer-reviewed section of the journal, reviewed by a team of experts in EFL from all over the world. The Asian EFL Journal welcomes submissions written in different varieties of world Englishes. The reviewers and Associate Editors come from a wide variety of cultural and academic backgrounds and no distinction is made between native and non-native authors. As a basic principle, the Asian EFL Journal does not define competence in terms of native ability, but we are a strictly reviewed journal and all our reviewers expect a high level of academic and written competence in whatever variety of English is used by the author. Every effort will be made to accept different rhetorical styles of writing. The Asian EFL Journal also makes every effort to support authors who are submitting to an international journal for the first time. While major revisions may be requested, every effort is made to explain to authors how to make the necessary revisions.Each submission is first assessed by the publisher, then further screened by the Senior Associate Editor, before being sent to an Associate Editor who supervises the editorial review. There is no word minimum or maximum. Authors should note that due to the very large volume of submissions received monthly, it may take 16-28 weeks for a review to be completed. All authors who comply with the requirements below receive an acknowledgement upon receipt to confirm the safe arrival of the paper. The Asian EFL Journal publishes the most recent data and research on many areas of EFL studies. Papers that refer to the latest research will receive priority. **Authors must include an undertaking in the initiating email that the â€¦paper has not been sent to any other journal nor is under review by any other journal and include bios. **Papers without these requirements will not be considered or acknowledged. **It is also important to point out early in the paper (in the e-mail message) what is new about your study a common reason given by associate editors for rejection is that the paper doesn t contribute anything new or relevant to a broad international audience. Routine studies, even if efficiently conducted, may pass exams but they do not get published unless they have something new and relevant to say.
There are two basic categories of paper:
Full research papers, which report interesting and relevant research. Ensure that you point out in your discussion section how your findings have broad relevance internationally and contribute something new to our knowledge of EFL.
* Non-research papers, providing detailed, contextualized reports of aspects of EFL such as curriculum planning. Very well documented discussions that make an original contribution to the profession will also be accepted for review. We cannot accept literature reviews as papers, unless these are state of the art papers that are both comprehensive and expertly drafted by an experienced specialist.
**When submitting please specify if your paper is a full research paper or a non-research paper. In the latter case, please write a paragraph explaining the relevance of your paper to the Asian EFL Journal
Authors are encouraged to conform with international standards of drafting, but every effort will be made to respect original personal and cultural voices and different rhetorical styles. Papers should still be fully-referenced and should use an APA format. Do not include references that are not referred to in the manuscript.
Some pieces submitted to the quarterly issue may be reclassified during the initial screening process. Authors who wish to submit directly to the Teaching Articles section should make this clear in the submission e-mail.
Note. Due increasing volumes of emails and submissions, only those submissions that comply with the guidelines will be responded to indicating the Review procedures. General inquires can not be responded to please search the site for answers to your questions.
Summary for preliminary acceptance for review.
- have you included the no prior submission undertaking? This is an original publication and has not been published elsewhere and has not been submitted elsewhere.
- Only MS Document format is accepted
- All URL addresses in the text are activate
- Specified if your paper is a full research paper or a non-research paper
- The text is spaced 1.5 between lines: uses 12 point font and underlining only where underlining is required in the final publication.
- Tables are included in the manuscript at the point they are intended to appear, preceded by a table caption
- All permissions have been cleared for any copyrighted material.
- In the e-mail message indicate what is new about your study
- Provide your bio data
- Included an email header | Your name, article title, research non research innovative articles section
- Completed the free on-line application for TESOL.Asia
- APA indexing.
- Procedures for submissions
*All submissions are reviewed by the Chief Editor at the preliminary review stage (No fee applies to submit)
**papers that pass the preliminary review go to a Senior Associate who supervises the blind review process.
No fees apply to submissions.
Referencing: APA style
Confirmation of delivery is sent within 7-14 days.
We look forward to further interest in our publication.